Tags: boutique hotels, destination management, hotel revenue management, hotel sales, hotel sales training, independent hotels, Pinterest, resorts, social media, social selling
I am totally intrigued by Pinterest! This is fridge art on steroids!
That Pinerest now generates more referrals to web sites than Twitter is astounding and it surpassed Google+ ( not suprising), YouTube and LinkedIn. (TechCrunch, 3/8/12)
Pinterest is a social network where people and companies can post images of their world and interesting images from others, on a page. It is invitation only at this time but invites aren’t hard to get when you request them.
Destinations should be salivating over this — especially for summer season leisure. Imagine showcasing the destination with pics that all have embedded links to their members’ sites — attractions, hotels, historic sites and parks. Imagine forwarding the link to the Pinterest page to clients, potential clients and interested groups.
For independent resorts and boutique hotels the allure is irresistible in creating a sense of place and experience. 95% of Pinterest’s members are women and women are the primary decision makers for the family vacation.
And it is totally free — they don’t have ads (yet). How they monetize the site is anyone’s guess but it is a tool that promises to be a great marketing platform for the hospitaltiy industry among others!
Calendar of Events
June 2013 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Hotel Sales Blog
- lnkd.in/iaBfKk Hi Jessica, What an exciting time to be buidling a new hotel brand! I present keynotes and seminars of 30 - 90... 10 months ago
- Shots of Hotel Sales & RM Caffeine p0.vresp.com/9NY2CU #vr4smallbiz 11 months ago
- Shots of Hotel Sales & RM Caffeine p0.vresp.com/gu9k72 #vr4smallbiz 11 months ago
- Shots of Hotel Sales & RM Cafffeine p0.vresp.com/ixgd7w #vr4smallbiz 1 year ago
- Shots of Hotel and RM Caffeine p0.vresp.com/il5FWq #vr4smallbiz 1 year ago
Hotel Sales blog
Hotel Sales Blog contains tips, research and opinions on hotel sales, revenue management and training in these disciplines. We try to give a read on the latest issues impacting hotels.